Realizing the dream of owning a property in Spain
After the burst of the Real Estate Bubble in 2007, many people were sceptical about recovery possibilities and future growth of Spanish real estate. This crisis was indeed worse than the one from the mid 70’s, the one from the mid 80’s and the one from the early 90’s but has proven once more to be cyclical and that Top Locations such as Marbella – Estepona – Benahavis will grow stronger out of it. It is still the right moment!
There are at least 8 good reasons to invest in this buying market and make a sound investment for the future:
- The market is always attractive when prices are rising. After 5 years of decrease which started with the crisis end of 2008, prices have started stabilizing in 2013, then giving first signs of recovery in 2014 and we were seeing already price increases for modern properties in 2015, consolidating the tendency in 2016, which can only give good hope for this year and beyond… remaining reasonable in expectancies of course not to commit the errors from the past again. The forecast is a 6% increase per annum over the next 3 years.
- Banks have just recently started to lend money again, which did not happen anymore between 2008 and 2014, but also with much more control than before. Banks will only lend for safe investments, or solid investors.
- After 8 years of negative trend against the Euro from 2006 to 2014 the GBP was rising again to historical heights in 2015-2016 which would have ensured a larger return of the UK buyer to the coast. This was slowed down by the Brexit but no doubt the English buyers will return to Marbella in the future, as there is no alternative ‘in Europe’. This will increase the demand for property and strengthen the prices.
- A stronger Job Market in Scandinavian, French, German, Belgian, and even Spanish economies are allowing more people to invest in property again, and this tendency should continue for the moment.
- Volatile Stock Exchange in the last year after years of positive tendencies encourage customers to invest in Real Estate
- The Best Climate in Europe is only 2 hours and 30 minutes away, to maximum 3 hours from most capitals of Europe. The sun is very ‘accessible’ and ‘low cost airlines’ offer plenty of cheap flights daily.
- Sunny alternatives in countries such as Greece, Turkey or North African countries or not really considered anymore due to unstable political climate.
- The social and cultural offer around Marbella-Estepona-Benahavis has increased dramatically over the last 20 years, not even mentioning fantastic cities such as Sevilla, Granada or Cadiz which are within 2-hour drive, which now allows for year-round living in a ‘laid back’ atmosphere without feeling ‘isolated’.
- Are there many places on earth where you can enjoy skiing in the morning (Sierra Nevada from November till April, 2-hour drive from Marbella), have a sunny lunch on the beach in the afternoon and enjoy some kite or wind surfing in the afternoon (Tarifa – 1 hour drive from Marbella) …or just enjoy a relaxing shopping afternoon in Puerto Banús or the Old Town, a walk along the beach or a great escape in the countryside.
So “Carpe Diem” ….. you only live once, so let’s make the best out of it! Do not postpone for tomorrow the dream you can realize today.
The above mentioned is produced by www.marbellavillaexpert.com. With more than 15 years’ experience in Real Estate in Marbella-Estepona-Benahavis, it would be my pleasure to guide you in a professional and ethical way.